Buying Logistics Assistant - £31,600
Buying Logistics Assistant
Our client, an industry recognised global food retailer, has an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional to join their fast-paced Supply Chain department.
Reporting to the Logistics Manager, the successful candidate will be of graduate calibre or with equivalent experience and will be responsible for the control of an area of the inbound Supply Chain.
Buying Logistics Assistant responsibilities will include:
- Management and control of the inbound supply chain working with Buying, Supplier, Logistics and Regional Distribution Centre’s to deliver to agreed timeframes and KPIs.
- Working collaboratively with suppliers to improve their supply chain efficiencies including planning of production and distribution into the Regional Distribution Centres.
- Management of supplier KPI adherence.
- Responsible for the accuracy and maintenance of sales forecast data being delivered to the supply base.
- Maintaining supplier availability throughout the year with particular focus on Christmas and other key events.
- Internal and external stakeholder engagement and management of all levels of business.
- Continuous improvement within role, simplifying processes and operations to maximise efficiencies.
- Support the delivery of the department strategy as required.
- Assist Buying by monitoring Supplier performance through inbound stock management and reporting.
The successful Buying Logistics Assistant must possess:
- GCSE’s/A Levels or Equivalent
- Degree desirable
- Minimum 2 years professional work experience within Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Demonstrate understanding of Supply Chain Management
- Demonstrate ability to work collaboratively with external stakeholders.
- Demonstrate ability to design and implement solutions effectively.
- Proficient in Excel and Word.
- Ability to manage a varied workload, conflicting deadlines and multiple projects simultaneously
- Confidence and ability to communicate both in written and verbal forms.
- Able to create professional relationships with stakeholders at all levels both within and outside of the business
At Inplace Recruitment we believe it is people that make the business succeed, the right people, expertly placed in the correct positions. We offer a thorough, professional service that is evidenced by our placement success rate.
If you consider yourself to be experienced in any of the following them please apply; Logistics, Logistics Assistant, Buying, Supply Chain Assistant, Transport Planner, Transport Coordinator, Supply Chain, Excel.
Due to the response to this position, please assume that you have been unsuccessful if you have not heard back from us within 7 days of your submitted application.