Buying Analyst - £39,865
Buying Administration Analyst
Our client, a globally recognised food retailer, is recruiting for a Buying Administration Analyst to join their Corporate Head Office based in Atherstone.
The successful candidate will be working within the Corporate Buying Department in the Corporate Buying Administration teamwho support the department’s financial planning and analysis functions.
As an Analyst, you would take responsibility and ownership of the tasks and projects within the team, driving forwards innovation and using your knowledge, expertise and experience to benefit the whole department.
In order to be successful with your application to this role, you must have exemplary Excel skills, GCSE/A-Level Maths grade B or above and experience of analysing data within a retail setting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analysis of the department’s forecasted spend data to identify trends and areas of over or under-spend when compared to actual data resulting in more accurate planning on a monthly and annual basis
- Analysis of sales forecast data to determine where you will hit target or where you are underperforming. Taking this data onto the next step to propose areas of potential changes to the data
- Collation and presentation of key performance indicator information for different levels of the department
- Daily checks and monitoring of the important information that drives the department such as Net Profit and sales forecasting information. To help ensure its accuracy and being proactive in finding anomalies in our data by liaising with the relevant stakeholders to investigate and resolve
- Generating and analysing the annual sales budget data for the department using forecasted sales data
- Creating bespoke data extracts from the Data Warehouse, CBIS and other applications to aid the flow of information in the department and providing analysis and identify trends within the data to aid with decision making
- Play a lead role in developing, implementing and delivering the training strategy for the department
Experience and skills required:
- Exemplary excel skills
- 2:1 degree or equivalent is desirable
- Strong commercial acumen
- GCSE Maths Grade B or above and / or Maths A-Level Grade B or above
- A minimum of 2 years professional work experience
- Data manipulation, interrogation and presentation of business performance
- Preparation of senior level reports
- Experience of analysing data within a retail setting
- High levels of accuracy
- Exhibits advanced skill level with MS Excel, MS Access and MS PowerPoint
- Comfortable dealing with complex data
- Able to cope with multiple tasks
- Able to work under pressure and deliver against short deadlines
- Can deliver solutions autonomously
- High levels of initiative and proactivity
- Strategic and critical thinker that is results-oriented and data driven
- Intellectually curious and takes initiative
At Inplace Recruitment we believe it is people that make the business succeed, the right people, expertly placed in the correct positions. We offer a thorough, professional service that is evidenced by our placement success rate.
Due to the response to this position, please assume that you have been unsuccessful if you have not heard back from us within 7 days of your submitted application.