Category Insights Manager - £52,540
Category Insights Manager
Our client, a globally recognised Food Retailer, is recruiting for a Category Insights Manager to join their Corporate Head Office based in Atherstone.
The Category team is responsible for the management, interpretation and dissemination of data throughout the business to enable informed strategic decisions in relation to their products.
Primarily, the role involves managing the Category team in evaluating internal and external data sources to ensure that the business understands what our customers want and to assist the development of category activity to meet and exceed these needs.
The successful candidate will manage the monitoring and reporting of data, whilst constantly striving to provide insight to senior management and the buying teams to deliver competitive advantage.
To apply for this role, you must possess a relevant qualification relating to the role, have a strong understanding of Category Management principles and have experience managing and developing a team of people.
- Support business strategy through the provision of relevant, concise category information
- Develop, manage and maintain positive working relationships with external parties and service providers as required
- Delegate and manage all projects within the area of responsibility and ensure all are delivered on time and within the budget and scope agreed with the Category Director
- Actively manage the area of responsibility by using initiative and suggesting ways of improving processes and systems for greater efficiency
- Coach and develop all team members to ensure output is delivered to the highest standard throughout the whole team
- Contributes positively and constructively to the Category Team and the Corporate Buying Department
- Ensures adherence to all legal requirements, Health and Safety and Due Diligence measures in their area of responsibility
- Relevant qualification relating to the role
- Data manipulation, interrogation and presentation of business performance
- Experience and/or appreciation of the role of market data within a retail setting
- Preparation of senior level reports
- Understanding of Category Management principles
- Experience managing and developing a team of people
- High level of accuracy/attention to detail
- Comfortable dealing with complex data
- Able to cope with multiple tasks
- Experience of managing third party suppliers
- Able to work under pressure and deliver against short deadlines
- Can deliver solutions autonomously
- High levels of initiative and proactivity
At Inplace Recruitment we believe it is people that make the business succeed, the right people, expertly placed in the correct positions. We offer a thorough, professional service that is evidenced by our placement success rate.
If you have combined experience in the following then please apply; Category Management, Category Insight, Food Retail, Corporate Buying, Category
Please note due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us in 7 working days, please assume that on this occasion you have not been short-listed.