Communications Manager - £52,540
Communications Manager (12-month FTC)
Our client, a globally recognised organisation, is recruiting for a Communications Manager to join their Corporate Head Office based in Atherstone.
This is a hugely exciting opportunity within dynamic and fast-paced organisation. This Communications Manager is responsible for running a proactive programme of engagement to promote the brand and the exciting product range to national consumer media.
This role requires management of a small in-house team, as well as of two supporting PR agencies. The position also holds responsibility for the management of a significant PR budget.
The role is on a full-time basis, based in Atherstone with travel required infrequently. This dynamic and challenging role requires resilience, and flexibility is a must.
- Line management of two Communications Assistants with responsibility to lead and develop
- Development and delivery of Consumer Communications Strategy
- Management of PR agencies and associated budgets to deliver a hard-working ‘always on’ Press Office and wider campaigns and initiatives
- Work with PR agencies to plan and recommend Communications activity to promote the brand, key products and categories
- Work with Marketing Team to ensure PR forms part of wider above the line Campaign planning, management and delivery
- Build relationships in order to collaborate with internal stakeholders within Marketing Team and wider Buying Team
- Manages and liaises with the PR agency and Communications Assistants to ensure timely delivery and accuracy in published materials and media
- Manages and controls overall budget for Communications (Consumer, Corporate, Public Affairs, etc.)
- Mandatory attendance at regular meetings across all levels of the business
- Regular presenting required to Board Level stakeholders
- Minimum requirement relevant Level 6 qualification
- Previous professional experience in Consumer PR and/or Marketing
- 2:1 Degree or Level 7 Qualification or Masters (desirable)
- Previous line management experience
- Consumer PR and/or Marketing
- Copy writing and checking
- Attention to detail
- Confident communicator
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
At Inplace Recruitment we believe it is people that make the business succeed, the right people, expertly placed in the correct positions. We offer a thorough, professional service that is evidenced by our placement success rate.
Please note due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us in 7 working days, please assume that on this occasion you have not been short-listed.