Customs Manager - £53,485
** Please note interested candidates MUST have a minimum of 3 years management experience.**
In this role the successful candidate will be responsible for the setting up of a Customs and Excise team and subsequent management thereafter, of all transactions for the supply chain. In addition to developing and managing a Customs & Excise Team, the Customs Manager plays a vital role within the Corporate Buying Department.
This a fantastic opportunity to join an internationally recognised Food Retailer, at a huge period of growth and expansion!
You will be responsible for:
- In this role, you will be involved in the management for the completion of assorted HMRC Customs & Excise declarations and assisting the business to ensure it is legally compliant with HMRC Customs & Excise regulations
- You will lead a team whilst keeping focus on key goals and objectives, working collaboratively to deliver success
- Provide support to the team on difficult HTS code classifications (using GIR's)
- Be Buying department facing, supporting in Customs & Excise training to internal colleagues, explaining and engaging
What's in it for you?
- Be part of a leading international retailer
- A comprehensive training programme
- High levels of autonomy and responsibility
- Problem solving of real business challenges
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Lead and manage a highly competent team
- Minimum 3 years of management experience, preferably in FMCG
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in any discipline not required, but highly regarded
- Proven success in leadership roles
- Effective communication skills
- Previous experience and strong understanding within the Category sector will be highly regarded
At Inplace Recruitment we believe it is people that make the business succeed, the right people, expertly placed in the correct positions. We offer a thorough, professional service that is evidenced by our placement success rate.
Please note, due to the extensive number of responses we receive, if you have not heard from us within 7 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful.