Customs Assistant - £31,600
An experienced Customs Assistant is required to join a brand-new Customs and Excise team!
The role will be challenging and very rewarding as you join an exciting and rapidly expanding Logistics and Supply Chain function.
You will be responsible for:
· Management and control of multiple Supply Chain projects and tasks, working with internal departments and suppliers to deliver to agreed timeframes
· Plan, develop and manage the integration of policies and procedures to ensure customs compliance for imports and exports
· Review current customs classification of all products
· Investigate and implement customs procedures available to reduce cost of import taxes
· Identify and maintain correct classifications to import agents
· Identify, disclose and reclaim under/overpayments of import taxes
· Implement and maintain processes to monitor and reconcile monthly import/export data
· Management and control of Logistics service providers performance, KPIs, development and continual improvements, ensuring availability of product into RDC’s from suppliers
What's in it for you?
- Be part of a leading international retailer
- A comprehensive training programme
- High levels of autonomy and responsibility
- Problem solving of real business challenges
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Minimum 3 years professional experience working within a Logistics/Supply Chain function, preferably in FMCG
- GCSEs grades A-C in Maths and English required as a minimum
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to investigate, analyse, challenge and offer a solution
- Flexible and resilient
At Inplace Recruitment we believe it is people that make the business succeed, the right people, expertly placed in the correct positions. We offer a thorough, professional service that is evidenced by our placement success rate.
Please note, due to the extensive number of responses we receive, if you have not heard from us within 7 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful.