Logistics Assistant - £31,600
** Please note interested candidates MUST have professional work experience within the Logistics/Supply Chain sector. **
Our client, a globally recognised retailer, is looking for an experienced, driven Logistics Assistant to join their rapidly expanding Logistics department.
You will be tasked with making business crucial decisions daily. This is a role with high responsibility.
That’s a lot to take on and it can be demanding. But for the right person, this could be the start of a prosperous career!
You will be responsible for:
· Management and control of multiple supply chain functions in order to deliver to agreed timeframes and KPIs
· Assisting Buying by monitoring supplier performance through in bound stock management and reporting
· Reporting and recording business crucial findings to members of the leadership team
· Management and control of Logistics service providers performance, KPI’s, development and continual improvements, ensuring availability of product into the RDC’s from suppliers.
· Responsible for the processing and tracking of quotes, invoicing and other administrative duties as required.
· Internal and external stakeholder management at all levels of business
· Ensuring accuracy and maintenance of sales forecast data being delivered to the supply base
· Deliver successful key events, Christmas, Easter etc
What's in it for you?
· 5 weeks’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays
· Be part of a leading international retailer
· A comprehensive training programme
· High levels of autonomy and responsibility
· Problem solving of real business challenges
· Professional work experience within Logistics and Supply Chain, preferably in an FMCG Retail environment (desirable)
· Educated to GCSE level, equivalent or above
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
· Skilled in relationship building, problem solving and change management
· Able to multi-task, be proactive and work on own initiative both independently and as a team
· Able to investigate, analyse and challenge appropriately
· Able to manage a varied workload, conflicting deadlines and multiple projects simultaneously
At Inplace Recruitment we believe it is people that make the business succeed, the right people, expertly placed in the correct positions. We offer a thorough, professional service that is evidenced by our placement success rate.
Due to the response to this position, please assume that you have been unsuccessful if you have not heard back from us within 7 days of your submitted application.