Logistics Project Manager - £52,540 - £76,495
Logistics Project Manager
£52,540 - £76,495
Our client is an internationally recognised retailer looking for a Logistics Project Manager responsible for continuous improvement in their inbound supply chain.
The Logistics Manager will play a vital role within the Corporate Buying Department and will be responsible for managing and working within a new team ensuring constructive working relationships with the logistics service providers and producing new innovative ideas to shape the future of the Logistics department.
The successful candidate will have management experience in a retail or FMCG environment with candidates with a supply chain or logistics background preferred.
To apply for this role, you must possess a relevant qualification in relation to the role and possess proven experience in Man-Management and Project Management.
Responsibilities for the successful Logistics Project Manager:
- Manage, develop and train their Logistics Assistants
- Identifies cost saving opportunities and develops operational plans for implementation
- Identifies backhaul and freight diversion opportunities considering the net case/unit costs and carrier rates and ensures all related information is up to date
- Complete ownership of project delivery
- Work with project teams and individuals to establish procedures, plans and practices that promote the adoption of appropriate solutions and the sustainability of desired results
- Obtains and verifies transport rates from logistics service providers to determine market rates for specific lanes
- Responsible for creating and managing project plans; monitor and review project progress and timelines; adjust schedules and plans as needed; and identify and resolve issues to ensure project success
- Monitor logistics costs including fuel costs, freight costs and currency exchange rates
- Develop and maintain a register of domestic and international freight rates
- Supervise use of route optimisation/transport management applications for inbound and outbound freight to ensure that region/division transport requirements are met
- Coordinate with internal/external route optimisation application providers to resolve any system issues and maintain continuous operations of all logistics applications critical to route generation and escalate issue resolution as required
Essential experience of the successful Logistics Project Manager:
- Revelant qualification relating to the role
- Proven experience in man-management
- Proven experience in Project management
- Ideally a minimum 2 years management experience in retail or FMCG
- Supply chain or logistics background
- Familiar with continuous improvement techniques
The successful Logistics Manager can expect:
- Salary between £52,540 - £76,495 DOE
- 5 weeks annual leave + bank holidays.
- Company pension
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance after 2 years
At Inplace Recruitment we believe it is people that make the business succeed, the right people, expertly placed in the correct positions. We offer a thorough, professional service that is evidenced by our placement success rate.
If you feel you have combined experience in the following please apply; Logistics Manager, Project Manager, Operations Manager, Distribution Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Transport Manager, Logistics Management.
Please note: Due to the number of applicants we receive, if you have not heard from us within 7 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful.