Supply Chain Assistant - £31,040 - £35,250
Supply Chain Assistant
£31,040 - £35,250
Our client, an industry recognised global food retailer, has an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional to join their fast-paced Supply Chain department.
Reporting to the Logistics Manager, the successful candidate will be of graduate calibre or with equivalent experience and will be responsible for the control of an area of the inbound Supply Chain.
The successful Supply Chain Assistants responsibilities will include:
- Assist Buying by monitoring Supplier performance through inbound stock management and reporting.
- Management and control of multiple supply chain projects and tasks, working with Buying, RDC’s and suppliers to deliver to agreed timeframes
- Internal and external stakeholder engagement and management of all levels of business
- Management and control of supply chain planning processes, KPI’s, development and continual improvements, to maximise availability of product into the RDC’s from suppliers, and DCs to stores
- Continuous improvement within role, simplifying processes and operations to maximise efficiencies
- Responsible for the processing invoices and other administrative duties as required
- Deliver successful Christmas and key events
- Support the delivery of the department strategy as required
The successful Supply Chain Assistant must possess:
- Educated to A-Levels or equivalent
- 12 months experience working within a FMCG retail environment
- Degree qualification desirable
- Minimum 3-4 years’ experience in Supply Chain and Logistics
- Demonstrate understanding of supply chain management
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite; specifically Excel and Word
- Confidence and the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues of all levels is key
- Need strong written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to build effective relationships with colleagues at all levels of the business
- Ability to manage a varied workload, conflicting deadlines and multiple projects simultaneously
- Organisational skills with the ability to identify and manage priorities
- Innate curiosity; always striving to improve and simplify processes and ensure consistency wherever possible
- Knowledge of Supply Chain systems (Demand Planning systems/TMS/WMS/Portals etc.)
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task, be pro-active and work on own initiative, working both in a team and independently
- Ability to investigate and analyse a challenge and offer a solution
- A desire for continued personal development
- Flexible and resilient when workload demands it
The successful Supply Chain Assistant can expect:
£31,040 rising in stages to £35,250 after 3 years
5 weeks’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays
At Inplace Recruitment we believe it is people that make the business succeed, the right people, expertly placed in the correct positions. We offer a thorough, professional service that is evidenced by our placement success rate.
If you consider yourself to be experienced in any of the following them please apply; Logistics, Logistics Assistant, Supply Chain Assistant, Transport Planner, Transport Coordinator, Supply Chain, Excel.
Due to the response to this position, please assume that you have been unsuccessful if you have not heard back from us within 7 days of your submitted application.