Produce Buying Manager - £52,540
Produce Buying Manager
£52,540 - rising yearly
Our client, a globally recognised food retailer, is recruiting for a Produce Buying Manager to join their Corporate Head Office based in Atherstone.
Reporting to one of the Produce Buying Directors, and leading a small team of Buying Assistants, the successful candidate will help to drive Produce sales, profitability and innovation through effective leadership, analytical skills and passion for product.
In order to be successful in this role you must possess a 2:1 degree or above, a grade B or above in Maths, experience in Food Retail or a Produce Industry and have Man-Management experience.
Produce Buying Manager Responsibilities:
- Meeting, managing, assessing, engaging and motivating suppliers
- Developing and proposing exciting, relevant and evolving themes
- Follow market trends to refresh, maintain and increase customer interest and engagement and so maintain company as a market leader in the Produce category
- Produce timely and accurate business forecasts, plans, analyses and recommendations to enable targets to be met, and to make further decisions based on key drivers
- Identify, assess and monitor additional information/data which could be used in decision making, planning and forecasting
- Utilise the knowledge and initiative of employees, following the principles of the Management System
- Prepare presentations for both internal and external use, taking into account market information, quality and commercial considerations
- Provide assistance to the Produce Buying Director on existing and future ranges
The successful Produce Buying Manager must possess:
- Minimum 2:1 grade Degree qualification
- Math’s GCSE grade B (or equivalent) desirable
- Food Retail or Produce Industry
- 3-5 years’ experience Management experience
- An interest in food, specifically Produce
- Knowledge in all aspects of Microsoft
At Inplace Recruitment we believe it is people that make the business succeed, the right people, expertly placed in the correct positions. We offer a thorough, professional service that is evidenced by our placement success rate.
Please note: due to the high number of responses we receive, if you have not heard from us within 7 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful.