Trading Assistant - £31,040
Our client, an industry recognised food retailer, is looking for an experienced and motivated Trade Assistant to join their expanding team.
You will be based in their Corporate Head Office in Atherstone where you will be orderingmerchandise efficiently, taking into consideration stock levels, stock turnover, and availability.
You will achieve compliance with all internal and external guidelines and regulations whilst ensuring a co-operative working environment, minimising costs and reducing losses.
In order to be successful in this role you must possess experience in a similar role and be educated to A Levels, equivalent or above.
The successful Trading Assistant responsibilities:
- Liaises with internal and external auditors and external bodies when required.
- Liaises with Corporate and regional departments regarding product issues.
- Updates all relevant departments with information regarding product data in the agreed format.
- Provides the Trading Director with appropriate information regarding specials re-orders
- Provides and analyses information regarding supplier performance for the Trading Director.
- Orders products assigned to them, monitors stock levels, provides forecasts and gives feedback to the Trading Director on any issues.
- Receives and sends data via bulletin, email and fax to Corporate and all relevant departments.
- Actions Emergency Product Withdrawals and keeps all relevant departments informed.
- Ensures the information required regarding Regional Buying of products is maintained.
- Processes price card orders received from stores.
- Recalls damaged/ faulty stock to the regional distribution centre and arranges for collection/ credit from suppliers.
- Updates the Procedures Manual with any amendments where required. Arranges Health and Safety courses when required.
- Responds to customer complaints within the area of responsibility where required.
- Maintains and controls the stock of calibrated temperature probes for stores as per the legal requirements.
- Arranges products to be analysed by external bodies as required.
- Checks invoices for services and equipment in the area of responsibility following Company procedures.
The successful Trading Assistant must possess:
- Educated to A-Levels, equivalent or above
- Experience in a Buying, Trading, Merchandising or Allocator role
- Keen attention to detail is essential along with an analytical approach to decision making with a dynamic manner and approach to problem solving
At Inplace Recruitment we believe it is people that make the business succeed, the right people, expertly placed in the correct positions. We offer a thorough, professional service that is evidenced by our placement success rate.
Due to the response to this position, please assume that you have been unsuccessful if you have not heard back from us within 7 days of your submitted application.