Food Quality Manager - £52,540 - £76,495
Food Quality Manager - 24-month FTC
£52,540 - £76,495
Are you an experienced Quality/Food professional looking for a new challenge? Would you like to work for a leading, growing Retailer as a Quality Manager looking after several food categories? Our client, a globally recognised food retailer, is recruiting for a Food Quality Manager to join their head office based in Atherstone.
Reporting into the Quality Assurance Director, you’ll develop, recommend, implement and manage solutions that improve the collation and efficiency of QA data.
A strong leader, you’ll motivate your team and develop their knowledge and initiative, so that everyone understands their role and what’s expected of them. You’ll also have a variety of personnel responsibilities, such as completing performance reviews, supervising any training and authorising holidays.
This a varied role and an excellent opportunity for an experienced Quality/Food Manager looking to develop their career further!
To be successful you must have experience in Man-Management, a minimum of 2 years’ experience within a Quality Control, food/drink/manufacturing industry. You must possess a relevant qualification relating to the role as you will be responsible for leading a strong internal team and ensuring constructive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders of all levels.
The successful Food Quality Managers responsibilities will be:
- Leads, manages, develops and trains their Quality Assistants and Quality Administrators
- Identifies, investigates and proposes cost saving opportunities within the Quality department and develops operational plans for implementation, while ensuring due diligence, stakeholder engagement, and accuracy of data is completed and up to date
- Provide information and guidance to the Buying teams in relation to legislation, standards and company policy information for the composition and labelling of products
- Provide information and guidance to the Buying teams in relation to releasing or rejecting shipments based on product evaluations.
- Develops, maintains and recommends quality assurance plans and budgets for external testing
- Manage quality assurance systems and processes
- Develop quality assurance key performance indicators
- Develop testing requirements across relevant commodity groups
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders on technical, legislative and quality matters
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with technical service providers
The successful Food Quality Manager must possess:
- Relevant qualification relating to the role
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar field
- Project management experience with the ability to drive continuous improvement
- Extensive experience working in food and/or formulated categories
- Experience in partnering with key stakeholders on quality assurance matters
- Demonstrated technical expertise within a quality assurance environment
- Advanced knowledge of quality assurance standards and regulations
- Product development knowledge including product testing
- Proven leadership experience with the ability to manage, coach and guide staff
- Ability to interpret analytical data and effectively communicate quality trends and insights to various stakeholders
- Previous supplier quality assurance experience is highly regarded
- 12 months experience working within a FMCG retail environment
The successful Food Quality Manager can expect:
- Competitive salary rising in increments to £76,495 in year 4
- 5-day/50-hour week working Monday- Friday
- 5 weeks’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Full training provided
- Company pension from commencement
- Private employee medical insurance after 6 months
- Life assurance
- Company sick pay scheme
- Company maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Long service awards
At Inplace Recruitment we believe it is people that make the business succeed, the right people, expertly placed in the correct positions. We offer a thorough, professional service that is evidenced by our placement success rate.
If you consider yourself to be experienced in any of the following them please apply; Quality Assurance, Food Retail, Quality Management systems, Quality Auditor, QA Technologist, Communication, Manager.
Please note, due to the extensive number of responses we receive, if you have not heard from us within 7 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful.